Single in Gidi is into sharing, and by that we mean we want your guest posts! We can only write so much so we rely on a little help from our talented friends. If you are interested in guest posting for Single in Gidi contact us via our contact form.
If you’re providing a simple article to us (meaning you’re not promoting a product or service) fill out the form below. If you’d like to talk about advertising or promoting a product or service, use go here to get in touch.
- Must be original content. No re-posts of previously published articles or other folks’ work.
- Any topic related to dating, sex, or relationships qualifies as long as it isn’t what we’ve written about before. Use the search function on the site to dig around and make sure that you aren’t delivering the exact same advice we’ve all heard 100 times. Make it interesting!
- Must be at least 500 words (ideally in the 600-1000 word range!).
- Some style notes:
- ONLY ONE SPACE AFTER PERIODS. Anything with double spaces after a period will get the article kicked back to you.
- Spell out all numbers up to 100.
- Consult Grammarbook for any grammar/punctuation questions you have
- Include sources If you want to talk about your experience or an opinion–go for it! But if you want to state facts, make sure to back them up! Link to other articles! Make it personal, or act like a true expert–we love both!
- Include a photo that relates to your post that we can add. The photo should be a minimum of 800 pixels wide to fit with our format. Always give credit and source for the image you’re using. Be sure that you have a license to use the image for the post you submit. Creative Commons licenses allow usage as long as you attribute the source and give credit to the rights holder. Royalty-Free doesn’t mean you can use the image for free; you still need to get permission to use the license.
- Proofread your post.
- Expect some edits–it’s not that your work isn’t wonderful, but having a second set of eyes do a quick skim and fix up any lingering spelling/grammar errors, as well as tailoring to fit our audience is pretty standard.
- Have fun! This is an elective process and shouldn’t feel like homework, so enjoy it.